Navigation Menu

Distilling fruit nectar with additives.

on

Home Forum… Beginners distilling Forum Distilling fruit nectar with additives.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Redrump47
      Participant

Good day all- my username name is Redrump47 and i am from Mokopane in the Limpopo Province of South Africa, in the first
      instance thank you for allowing me to join your group in the USA. Although i am still a novice in the distilling trade i do
      feel good to be part of you. I have distilled some whiskey from corn, “Mampoer” or (white lighting as some people called it),
      also prickly pears, wild fruit from the bushveld and also marula fruit. Although we battle to get bulk fresh fruit in this area
      of South Africa smaller packing are available but at a expensive price, it is not really worth it buying small quantities.

My humble question to you people today is, can i use fruit juice sold from the chain stores, but be careful this is a nectar
      juice that can be diluted with water at a ratio of 1 – 4 parts. But get sold as a 48% fruit juice, this juice is mixture of the following fruits. Orange nectar 28%, Peach nectar 6%,Mango nectar 6%, preservatives and additives – Sucrose 4,3%, Citric Acid
      E330, Stabilizer E440 and E412. Preservatives as Sodium Bensoate E211, Sodium Metabisulphite E223, Potasium Sorbate E202, Non
      Nutrive Sweetners: Sodium Sacharin, Sodium Cyclamate, Accesalfame K, Clouding Agent, Flavoring and Antifoaming agent E900. This
      juice is very very sweet.

I would like to make moonshine with this mixture, but do not know whether it can be done or not. I do correspond with one of
      the local distillers from time to time in the USA.

Once again thanks allot for allowing me on your group i do appreciate your kindness.

Regards

Redrump47
      Mokopane

Viewing 0 reply threads

you should log in to reply to this topic.

Need an account? Click here to register