How to Make Moonshine 101: Whiskey-Making Basics
• Moonshine, bourbon, whiskey, vodka, rum and more…
• Mashing, fermenting and distilling.
• All material is online, at the tip of your fingers.
• Includes quizzes to test your knowledge!
• Work at your own pace.
• Instant online access!
A plain-spoken, easy to understand tutorial on the fundamentals of making whiskey and other distilled spirits. The course is tailored for beginner to intermediate hobby distillers and / or individuals who are in the beginning stages of opening their own distillery.
It begins with an overview of spirit types and typical generic recipes for these spirits, including Bourbon, Tennessee Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, Wheat Whiskey, Single Malt, Corn Whiskey (traditional Moonshine Whiskey), Sugar Shine, Rum, Vodka, and Gin. Additionally the course provides information on the basics of mashing, fermentation, and distillation equipment, water preparation, making mashes, an overview of yeast, the fermentation process, stripping distillation runs, spirit distillation runs, finishing and aging, and cleaning and sanitation.
Here’s a complete list of the lessons included in this course:
- Lesson 1 – Distilled Spirit Types and Basic Recipes
- Lesson 2 – Mash And Distillation Equipment Overview
- Lesson 3 – Distillation Equipment: Types Of Stills
- Lesson 4 – Cleaning and Sanitization
- Lesson 5 – Enzymes And Mashing
- Lesson 6 – Yeast and Fermentation
- Lesson 7 – Stripping & Spirit Runs
- Lesson 8 – Overview of Common Defects
- Lesson 9 – Finishing and Aging
- Lesson 10 – Mash Day Process Using The Mash-In-a-Bag Method
- Lesson 11 – Short Summary Of A Normal Distilling Day