Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Bigcreekboy76
      Participant

what are the distilling laws in Oklahoma …is it illegal

Bigcreekboy76
      Participant

is owning a still illegal

37-505. Manufacture, sale, possession, shipment, etc. prohibited except as provided in act – Exceptions – Penalties.

A. No person shall manufacture, rectify, sell, possess, store, import into or export from this state, transport, or deliver any alcoholic beverage except as specifically provided in the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act.

37-538. Penalties.

A. Any person who shall operate a whiskey still with intent to produce alcoholic beverages or any person who shall carry on the business of a distiller without having in his possession a valid and existing distiller’s license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction be fined not less than Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00) nor more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or imprisoned in the State Penitentiary for not more than three (3) years, or both such fine and imprisonment.
      37-539. Search warrant – Seizure and destruction – Forfeiture and sale.

A. A search warrant may be issued pursuant to the provisions of Sections 1221 through 1264 of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes, as amended, for the purpose of searching for, seizing, destroying or holding any alcoholic beverages possessed, sold, transported, manufactured, kept, or stored in violation of the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act; for the purpose of searching for and seizing any apparatus, vehicle, equipment, or instrumentality used for, or intended for use in, manufacturing or transporting any alcoholic beverage in violation of the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act; and all such property shall be forfeited to the State of Oklahoma.

Bigcreekboy76
      Participant

thanks for the info

Bigcreekboy76
      Participant

how much does a distillers license cost

BeverageCommander
      Participant

A commercial distillers license is very expensive- you would only get one if you were opening a distillery. Look into a fuel alcohol permit.

Click here for the permit

Bigcreekboy76
      Participant

does this fuel alcohol permit keep me getting in trouble or does it make the law watch me

The fuel permit makes it legal to own a still and make fuel alcohol on the federal level. You will have to check your local and state laws to see if they allow it. I am not sure about your state. I have my permit and my state allows it so I can legally make fuel alcohol.

Soonershine
      Participant

Hey Bigcreekboy can you e-mail me at [email protected] thanks

Viewing 8 reply threads

you should log in to reply to this topic.

Need an account? Click here to register