Navigation Menu

Legality in New Hampshire

on

Home Forum… Beginners distilling Forum Legality in New Hampshire

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Krownklown
      Participant

I know in a few states it’s kind of a yes no issue. From what I’ve read it is illegal to make for sale or distribution but it isn’t clear as to whether I can make a bit for myself. I’m pretty Google savvy but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer. Any help would be great. Glad to be part of the forum and can’t wait to get started!

Zymurgy Bob
      Participant

On a federal level, it’s completely illegal, except for 2 cases. One, you can get an alcohol fuel manufacturing license, but oyu can’t drink the product. Two, you can get a local license and register with the feds for producing potable alcohol and pay the going rate for proof-gallon tax, but you will have to comply with serious restrictions on equipment and buildings.

In either case, you have opened yourself up to regular federal inspection. Most hobby distillers I know just use fake names and keep their heads down. Of course, often in a particular location prosecution of private distilling isn’t an important goal to local law enforcement, but that’s a considerable gamble.

Beerdcomb
      Participant

New Hampshire
      178:1 Licenses Required; Enforceability of Contracts. –

I. No person shall manufacture for sale, or sell in any method or manner, directly or indirectly, or distribute by selling, transferring, giving, or delivering to another, or leaving, bartering, or exchanging with another, or offering or agreeing to do the same, in any method or manner, directly or indirectly, or keep for sale any liquor or beverage without first registering to do business with the secretary of state and obtaining a license for such activity under the provisions of this title. Any violation of this section shall be a class B felony for each violation.

179:1 Possession. – No person shall possess, transport, procure, furnish, or give away any beverage or liquor except such as has been sold under the provisions of this title or legally purchased outside the state and except as otherwise provided in this title.

Viewing 2 reply threads

you should log in to reply to this topic.

Need an account? Click here to register