Navigation Menu

Pot still gasket / how to make.

on

Home Forum… Still Discussion Pot still gasket / how to make.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Flat head
      Participant

I have come up with a easy way to make a seal or gasket for my homemade pot still. I see people trying to seal there lids to there pot with everything from flour paste to silicone.. here is how I made my seal / gasket simply and did not cost me a dime. I took some oxygen tubbing and cut it the same size as the rim ifmystew pot, I then got a clothes hanger and cut the ends off of it. I straighten the hanger and insert it into the oxygen tubbing, I then took a small pair of vice grips and clamped the oxygen tubbing with the hanger inside it to the lid and simply bent the tubbing and hanger around the lid and made a mark where the two ends meet up. I remove the vice grips and pulled the hanger out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch leaving space in the tubbing to insert the hanger back into. Pulled the two tubbing ends together and made a mark on the wire hanger where it go inside and meet with the wire inside he tubbing,. Cut the wire and insert it into 1/4-1/2 end and you your self a nontoxic seal that will not effect the taste. It will with stand the heat and reuseable. Hope this helps someone from blowing up there still, or keep there product from tasting like a leaky valve cover on grandma’s ole Toyota Corolla…

Viewing 0 reply threads

you should log in to reply to this topic.

Need an account? Click here to register