Navigation Menu

Wierd noise?

on

Home Forum… Beginners distilling Forum Wierd noise?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Codywinning
      Participant

My still just started making a loud(ish) noise. Its like a big gurgle or something. A very deep noise in comparison to my thumper keg. It seems to be coming from the pot itself, but i could be wrong. Also, it seems to happen more if the heat source is slightly hotter. Im useing an electric flat top device. Any ideas what the sound could be?

I think I might have overfilled my thumper keg, if thats a thing. I had an issue with this run already, and had to reseal the thermometer because it started to leak. I dont think either of those things are really to blame though. Any help would be appriciated. The noise is getting kinda scary. Lol

Codywinning
      Participant

Also, it hasnt dripped once yet, but the thumper is bubbling away.

Codywinning
      Participant

Nevermind. 🙂 i think everything is running fine except for that noise. It might just be sucking up from the main keg to the thumper. Im not sure though. I would still appriciate the imput.

Codywinning
      Participant

Update. The alchohol coming out tastes watered down. It holds flame, but not for long. I have no clue whats happening. I might just scrap this run and try it again friday…

Viewing 3 reply threads

you should log in to reply to this topic.

Need an account? Click here to register