Dry Molasses

on

Home Forum… Fermentation & Yeast Dry Molasses

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sitedude
      Participant

Hi guys.

I was unable to find a local source of liquid molasses where I live. I want to try to make a light rum. I was able to find a 50lb bag of dry molasses for $20 at my local feed store. It does not appear to contain sulfur, it says it contains beet molasses? Will this work and if so any recommendations on a mixture for a wash? I was thinking 10lb of dry molasses, 15lb of white sugar and maybe some lemon slices?

Would that work?

Beerdcomb
      Participant

I’m just curious where you live?

You can pickup molasses at most walmarts or have it shipped for free.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Slow-As-Blackstrap-Molasses-32-oz-Pack-of-6/17770607

Jimbo101
      Participant

I have a mash working up now. 5 gallons of water,5 pounds of suger and about 8 cups of dry molasses from tractor supply. Label says it’s 50% suger. I added 2 and a half table spoons of Red Star DATY and 3 table spoons on enzymes. I pinched at about 5 pm and it’s midnight just checked on it and the homemade airlock a drink bottle with a hole in the lid a hose barb in the lid of the bucket and about 3 ft. Of tubing. The two setups are both perging about every second.this will be my first run in a new Amazon pot still with a thumper. I hope it turns out.

Viewing 2 reply threads

you should log in to reply to this topic.

Need an account? Click here to register