To stir or not to stir

on

Home Forum… Fermentation & Yeast To stir or not to stir

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Shinershoney
      Participant

Quick question, after reading about Honeyshine we happened upon several gallons of honey for free and knew immediately what it’s use was gonna be…. Followed your recipe and is currently in 6 gl glass carboy with air lock fermenting.the question is do I leave it alone for the two weeks or stir ever? Reason I’m insure is the “allow 5-7 days to settle direction”. It seems to be all settled on bottom now. Any info?? All tips

I’m not sure the recipe you used- can you post a link to it?

Followed your recipe and is currently in 6 gl glass carboy with air lock fermenting.the question is do I leave it alone for the two weeks or stir ever?

Just let the yeast do its thing- no need to stir. Just let it ferment until it is finsihed.

Reason I’m insure is the “allow 5-7 days to settle direction”. It seems to be all settled on bottom now.

I am assuming this is saying- after fermentation let it settle 5-7 days- this is most likely so the yeast and other junk will settle to the bottom of the carboy- It makes for a cleaner wash as you will leave hind all of that junk.

Post a link to the recipe you used.

BeverageCommander
      Participant

Just let it sit- There is no need to mix it.

Shinershoney
      Participant

Ok will do thanks

Rebel
      Participant

I have corn mash that has been sitting since Friday. When I stir it, it bubbles. If I not stir it, no bubbles

Viewing 4 reply threads

you should log in to reply to this topic.

Need an account? Click here to register